Monday, February 8, 2010

Here We Go!

I'm here! Yesterday our group of seven pulled into Lafayette, Indiana, and soon this morning we'll be diving deep into the counseling conference.

Last night in the opening session, Dr. Steve Viars gave us six answers to the question "Why Counsel?" We learned that (now I'm going to copy my notes):
1. "The Word of God's Grace is Central to His Plan and Program for the Church."

2. "Ministering the Word of God to Individuals and Small Groups is Valuable and Important."

3. "Pastors and Christian Workers Must Invest Themselves Personally in the Lives of Others."

4. "Biblical Counseling Can Help You Grow and Change."

5. "Christ Wants His Church to be Well Protected."

6. "Counseling Will Impact Your Preaching and Teaching."

Last night we also heard from a young lady who has been living at Vision of Hope. She shared how God has used the Biblical counseling ministry in her life in a tremendous way.

I know that there are people in need all around me. The question that keeps coming to my mind is, "Are you willing to help these people?"

No comments:

Post a Comment